This is a great recipe for all the abandoned questionable cheese housed in your refrigerator. There is just SO many possibilities you can craft with those lil golden bits of ooey gooey goodness. From mac n cheese, nachos, casseroles, to the most obviously relevant: grilled cheese. We about to take it next level and bathe this babe of a sandwich with garlic butter. Yes I said it. GARLIC BREAD GRILLED CHEESE. I’ll be interested to know later if it’s worth fighting with your lactose intolerant weakling stomach, cause honey I’m prayin for you too. Don’t forget to pour yourself some of that blood of Christ when you throw down on this recipe, cause girl you deserve this one. Chesus. Hallelooyur. Ament.
Garlic Bread Grilled Cheese
- Multi-grain bread (from your local bakery!)
- A compilation of the forgotten (but not moldy and expired) cheese scraps from your fridge
- 3 tbsp softened butter
- 2 tbsp garlic paste
- 1 tsp of salt
Serves: 2 Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Combine the softened butter, garlic paste, and salt. You should have a creamy spreadable product. If it’s all liquefied, no worries, work with it!
- Place 2-3 slices worth of cheese between multigrain bread.
- Spread that garlic butter goodness on the face of the bread (the side which touches the pan)
- Ensure the pan is at Medium to Low heat. Temperature is key. You want to keep it high enough to melt the cheese, but low enough so you don’t burn the garlic bits that are in your butter. Be patient! Watch it closely.
- CHOW DOWN Y’ALL!
Cheese tangent: The flavor profile of your grilled cheese is going to vary depending on what orphan cheese you decide to use. Deli type cheese works best, but don’t be afraid to pop off on some feta, goat, or blue cheese! Get buckwild in that experimental kitchen. I won’t tell you how to live your life.